SHE'S PREGNANT - WHAT MEN NEED TO KNOW
You thought you were being responsible. You were trying to be careful. Now she says, “I’m pregnant. What are we gonna do?” Just “having sex” has just gotten really complicated and now at least 3 people are involved: you, her, and the life she now carries. What you do next will go a long way in defining the man you are, the man you had hoped to be, and the man she thought you were. Though the ultimate choice is hers, you still have a choice as to how you respond. You also have a voice. So, “What are you gonna do? Who are you gonna be?”
BEFORE SHE DECIDES
- Listen -The situation involves more than just you. There are now three lives to think about. Also, listening to her will make her more likely to listen to you.
- Stay Calm -Freaking out will only magnify the negative. You're not the first couple ever to be in this spot.
- Talk about It- Hiding the news from people who can genuinely help you only increases the stress.
- Don't Bail - The more you run from this, the harder it becomes to think and act clearly.
- Don't Pressure Her - Applying pressure will only push her away and possibly into a regretful situation. Both of you would do well to work as a team.
- Don't Forget - This is a new life; a life that started at conception, just like yours did several years ago.
Breathe. You both have time and should take all the time you need. This is important and should not be taken lightly. Be educated and informed of all of your options before helping her with this decision. APRC can provide consultations with one of our trained male Client Coordinators at no charge. You're not alone. We're here to help you . . . so you can help her.
For more information on your next step, call 770.723.0772 to make an appointment.